TheMediaBriefing is an intelligence platform for the global media industry, founded in 2010. They provide original analysis, insight and reporting on industry trends, challenges and opportunities with selective curation of the best articles on the media landscape from around the media world.
- Significantly increase year-on-year delegate revenue
- Attract a higher proportion of European attendees ahead of expanding into other international markets
- Increase TheMediaBriefing’s email database
In order to fulfil their objectives, the marketing team had to clearly communicate to media professionals the value and key relevant topics that were going to be discussed at the event to persuade them to register. This had to be achieved with a budget of only £5 K, so the marketing plan had to be spot on.
To succeed, TheMediaBriefing’s team took a thought leadership approach by creating content in collaboration with two of the leading media associations in Europe: the OPA and EPC. This relationship allowed them to identify key topics, speakers and issues facing the industry that would appeal to a European target audience. It also gave them access to publications and magazines to support their marketing plan.
The team conducted interviews with key speakers to raise awareness of the event, and published these on their editorial website. Their approach also involved:
- Working with Adestra’s Digital Design team to create mobile responsive templates for their editorial newsletters
- Social media posts sent at the same time as the newsletters to maximise relevant touchpoints across all channels
Targeting the website visitors coming to the editorial and news section of the site with event-related online advertising to drive registrations
By using thought-leadership content and a multi-channel approach, TheMediaBriefing marketing team captured the attention of media professionals and achieved some amazing results:
- 161% rise in year-on-year delegate revenue for the Digital Media Strategies event
- 74% increase in the number of European delegates attending
- An incredible return on investment of 40:1
- 2x increase in the size of the email database
TheMediaBriefing followed a similar approach to ensure a successful launch of the Digital Media Strategies conference in the USA.
increase in YoY delegate revenue
increase size of email database