Oxfam GB is a leading UK charity fighting global poverty. Oxfam responds fast in emergencies, and helps people rebuild their lives by working on long-term projects with communities determined to shape a better future for themselves. Oxfam also campaigns for genuine, lasting change.
- To send transactional emails (order confirmations, registration emails etc).
- Seamless integration between Oxfam shop and Adestra
- Seamlessly integrate the Oxfam Online Shop with MessageFocus
- Send personalised, one-to-one emails
- Improve deliverability of Oxfam transactional email
Using the MessageFocus transactional API, Oxfam were able to trigger real-time personalised emails to individuals for shop registration, order confirmation, e-cards and gift lists as required. Working closely with developers of the Oxfam shop website and the Oxfam team, Adestra Project Managers guided the project smoothly from start to finish. This included:
- building best practice transactional email templates that portrayed the Oxfam brand
- providing sample API code and examples for the Oxfam development team
- helping with end to end testing and troubleshooting for API calls
- project manage the development and testing process ensuring all parts of the integration worked smoothly
When the new Oxfam online shop was launched in April 2012, all of the transactional emails were sent from MessageFocus. This was achieved using seamless integration between the online shop platform, and MessageFocus using the MessageFocus transactional API. This means that all of the emails sent by Oxfam shop benefit from the strong deliverability reputation of MessageFocus. It also means that Oxfam marketers have the flexibility to control the design of the emails within MessageFocus, and benefit from the results and statistics from the MessageFocus reporting suite. This allows them to continually improve their transactional emails.
“The integration between our shop and MessageFocus has made it so much easier for us to have visibility of our email campaigns and the results. The API integration is seamless, and our developers found the API really easy to work with. All in all it has been a worthwhile project that means we can have better deliverability and control over the transactional emails sent from our shop, but the customer will not notice any difference.” Lizzie Williams, Email Marketing Manager