November 2017 | Keeping subscribers engaged with a fun newsletter
Brand: Kano Computing
Designed and developed by: Georgie Ma, Hugo Issacs and Kevin Murphy.
Subject line: BRAND. NEW. COMPUTER. KITS
What data was used?
People who had signed up to receive Kano Computing’s newsletters.
- Continuously improve engagement with their newsletter through testing
- Nurture the relationship with their subscribers
- Promote their new products, the Computer Kit Complete and the Computer Kit, where people can make a computer and learn to code
What makes this a performing campaign?
Sometimes newsletters can be perceived as not creative; creativity is reserved for those special-event campaigns, leaving the newsletter with a lack of brand personality. With that in mind, Kano Computing thoroughly create and design fun newsletters. In this case, the newsletter introduces new products ready for the holiday season with creative GIFs Although the copy is addressed to kids, the subscribers are more likely to be their parents, therefore reaching both the kids who are starting to write their letters to Santa Claus, and those becoming their household’s ‘Santa Claus’ this year.
By using Adestra’s extensive reporting and testing capabilities they were able to:
- Ran an A/B split test with a CTA button versus a banner at the bottom of the email
- Report on the different variants
- Report on where the contacts were clicking per variant
The branded newsletter, along with Kano Computing’s typical cool use of GIFs, were well received by subscribers. In terms of results, this newsletter achieved a 22% average open rate and a 16% CTOR.
Thanks to Adestra’s Heatmap reporting tool, Kano Computing was able to see that 23% of all clicks was from the banner and call-to-action (CTA) button at the bottom of the email. This is a considerable high volume, considering the CTA was at the bottom, which shows that the content was engaging to their subscribers.
Want to know more?
Contact Adestra today to discover how we can help you make your data work harder with the use of powerful technology.