February 2011 | Barbour ABI created a campaign that was at the time topical and was therefore extremely relevant, engaged their recipients and achieved a fantastic open rate of 13%.
Company name: Barbour ABI
Designed and developed by: Baeddan Youd
Their aim is to promote their products and services to prospects, and encourage sign-ups for a free data trial. This particular campaign was created during the 2010 Football World Cup and aimed to entice the construction industry professionals to think about work as well as football.
What makes this a performing campaign?
- Copy: Simple and structured so you know exactly what Barbour ABI are offering and how you can take advantage of it with clear call to actions available in text and images.
- Relevance: Targeted email to prospects at construction companies with personalisation in the subject line and email content.
- Imagery: Bright and exciting creating interest in the campaign and desire for their product, something that is sometimes missing from B2B emails.
- A phone number in the top right to encourage direct action.
- Important bits of copy are enhanced in bold copy so that they stand out.
- The call to actions go to the specific destinations which create a connected customer journey.
- Alternative text on all the images to ensure that it is clear what images are even if not downloaded.
- There is a good balance of text and image which will improve delivery rates.
- The email is created with HTML that is optimised for email ensuring that images and content display correctly in all email browsers.
- Included clauses for personalisation to ensure if certain data is not present something generic is displayed e.g. Mr Smith or John or Sir.
Barbour ABI created a campaign that was at the time topical and was therefore extremely relevant, engaged their recipients and achieved a fantastic open rate of 13%.
Want to know more?
For more information on how we can help you create performing campaigns contact us today.
Full email campaign