Launched in 2007, SheerLuxe is an online lifestyle magazine, editing everything from the latest must-have fashion, beauty and lifestyle news, to features on careers and health and wellness, plus a product-based Boutique and flash sales microsite, Luxe Ltd.
The email channel is core to SheerLuxe’s strategy and business model. They needed to grow a loyal and engaged audience to attract advertisers looking to direct consumers to their websites and/or online stores. To do this, they needed a technology partner that could scale as their business grows, while helping them get the most out of their investment. With an average open-rate of 25%, SheerLuxe now attract over half of their website traffic from email.
“Over half of our traffic comes from our email marketing. In the last year revenue has increased by 30% year on year and the role of email in generating an ROI for advertisers has played a huge part in this.” Georgie Coleridge Cole, Founder & Editor
- Grow a loyal and engaged audience that can attract revenue from advertisers looking to target people interested in fashion and general lifestyle tips.
- Find a technology partner to support long-term growth
As a young business with ambitious growth plans, Sheerluxe needed an email solution that could scale with them. Even more importantly, they needed a partner committed to providing the strategic expertise and support to help them maximize performance from the channel.
Finding the right email partner was crucial to their success.
SheerLuxe have been working with Adestra since 2009. In this time their annual email volume has grown from 5 million to upwards of 35 million, and their daily email subscriber base has grown to 100,000.
With support from Adestra, Sheerluxe have implemented a number of key initiatives that have contributed to the overwhelming success of their email programme.
- developed a modular template solution, saving critical time on the campaign creation process and ensuring consistent design and branding of SheerLuxe emails
- deliverability audit and optimisation
- implemented a strategy to re-engage lapsing subscribers and maintain a healthy, active list
- developed an ‘opt-down’ unsubscribe program, allowing daily subscribers to opt to receive the weekly roundup instead of blanket unsubscribing
With their growth, the SheerLuxe newsletters consistently maintain open rates of above 25%, which is well above the industry average. This is particularly challenging with a growing list, but actually the re-engagement project they implemented helped them increased open rates by a massive 54%. This has translated, in total, to 8.9 million unique campaign opens, and 1.8 million clicks.
increase on open rates
website traffic originated from email