Are you an experienced Systems Administrator looking for your next career move?
We are looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to manage our server infrastructure and network at our Headquarters in Oxford to ensure the security and availability of the infrastructure supporting our email marketing platform.
Working closely with our Systems and Development teams, you will work in a technical environment including FreeBSD, CentOS, PostgreSQL, Perl, Python, Bash, Exim, Postfix, PowerMTA, Nginx, Varnish, Lighttpd, Apache, Nagios, Cacti and LDAP. Key elements of your role will include:
- Designing and implementing new application features and functionality
- Installing, tuning, patching, monitoring and upgrading servers
- Network and system security
- Auditing security and permissions
- Setup backups, testing on regular basis and disaster recovery provisions
- Maintaining documentation of maintenance and upgrade tasks
- Managing capacity and reliability of the infrastructure
- Managing, maintaining and optimising database clusters
- Infrastructure support and incident handling
- Automating maintenance tasks and reduce toil
- Participating in our on-call schedule
The right person for this role will be proactive and solutions-driven, and a good team player with strong communication skills. You will have demonstrable experience of working with UNIX-like systems, have RHCSA, RHCE, LPIC or similar certifications and have some experience of PostgreSQL. Previous experience of scripting and working with high volume email servers are essential, as is working with configuration management tools such as Ansible or Puppet and experience with writing documentation.
Adestra are an Equal Opportunities Employer