Webinar synopsis: Email marketers ‘end of year exam results’ – findings of the 2013 Email Census
This week Adestra hosted their May webinar dedicated to the key results from this year’s Adestra/Econsultancy Email Census. Reena Mistry, Marketing Director at Adestra was joined by Econsultancy’s Linus Gregoriadis and Steve Denner, one of Adestra’s founders. The webinar focused on the emerging themes from this year’s census and the issues facing more than 1,300 marketers today.
The topics covered in the webinar include:
1. Email remains high as a great channel for ROI
- Proportion of companies ranking as “˜excellent’ or “˜good’ was 66%
- Email consistently top/second top channel for ROI since 2008
2. Perceived email performance is low amongst email marketers
- Over 60% of marketers rated their email performance as ‘Poor’ or ‘Average’
- Almost half of respondents blamed quality data as the primary reason for poor email performance
3. Marketers are neglecting data and optimisation
- Why when as a technique, regular testing scored over 70% as an ROI generator?
- Design and content is favoured above data
4. There’s a distinct lack of mobile best practice among email marketers
- Only 15% of companies know which mobile devices are being used to open their emails
- Over a quarter of marketers stated that they didn’t optimise for mobile at all
5. Connecting data systems is problematic for most companies
- Only 20% of companies boasted ‘well integrated’ CRM systems
- And just 4% said the same about mobile
6. Customer support is a top priority when evaluating an ESP
- 64% of marketers claimed real-time technical support was ‘very important’ when prioritising an ESPs qualities
- Almost half of respondents claimed ‘Last minute tactical help’ was also ‘very important’
Reena also offered insight into why these results are so by providing valuable best practice advice for different email marketing strategies as well as sharing some Adestra client success stories.