Tel: 01865 242425

Tel: 1-855-835-0471

Tel: 1300 993 579

data management

1 month ago by Matt McGowan

Bigger investment in CRM leads to better email

Digital ad growth is slowing, while investment in customer relationship management (CRM) is growing. This makes total sense and points to further growth in email marketing. Last week, eMarketer reported on a couple of outside studies indicating that companies of all kinds are spending more on CRM – because it improves sales and customer service.…

Read full article
customer-relationship

5 months ago by Adestra

The black hole of data – what to do when subscribers are in a rut

To quote the Lion King, it’s the circle of life. Or the lifecycle of customer engagement if you prefer email terminology. Every contact in your database is in a different stage of this lifecycle, whether a new subscriber who’s eager to learn more, or an older one that is very familiar and engaged with your brand.…

Read full article
Black-hole

5 months ago by Peter Rylands

Term of the Week: Deduplication or Dedupe

Deduplication eliminates duplicate copies of data. This is used in email marketing when importing, or gathering, new data to ensure that people who are already on your contact list are not added again. Why do I need to dedupe? Though quite a simple action, deduplication helps prevent sending multiple campaigns to the same contact, which…

Read full article

6 months ago by Peter Rylands

Term of the Week: List Churn

Otherwise known as ‘attrition’ and ‘churn rate’, list churn is a percentage of subscribers that leave a list over a given period. There are two types of list churn: Transparent: these are people you are no longer able to email due to unsubscribes, hard bounces or spam complaints Opaque: this refers to people who aren’t…

Read full article

6 months ago by Sophie Jenkins

Five ways to make better use of your data

Data: are you doing it right? It would be nice if it was all about quantity and your only goal was signing up as many subscribers as possible. In reality, the way you maintain and use subscriber data makes all the difference. Read on to find out why. Lots of marketers aren’t getting the most…

Read full article
Data-analysis

7 months ago by Ryan Phelan

Why preference centers don’t work – and how they could

Whenever people ask me if they should create preference centers I don’t say, “Yes, do it,” or “No, don’t bother.” Instead, I ask them, “How hard do you want to work?” The usual response is “Huh? How hard could it be? It’s just one page!” A preference center is only as important to your customers…

Read full article
forever 21 preference centre

7 months ago by Peter Rylands

Good news for publishers: Facebook adds email sign-ups to Instant Articles

If you have a large readership on Facebook but you’re worried about missing out on a direct relationship with those readers, I bring you good news. Facebook, in news released by Digiday, now allows newsletter signups within Instant Articles. Giving you the chance to grow your direct readership, despite the content being hosted elsewhere. What are Instant…

Read full article

7 months ago by Peter Rylands

Term of the Week: CASL (Canada Anti-Spam Law)

CASL is the Canada Anti-Spam Law, it took effect in 2014 but you still have until July 1st 2017 to comply. It applies to any CEM (Commercial Electronic Message), sent to or from computers in Canada. This is a move to ‘protect Canadians while ensuring that businesses can continue to compete in the global market…

Read full article
Email Marketing in Canada

1 year ago by Suzy Carter-Kent

4 types of data to help you get the most out of advanced segmentation

According to the most recent Email Industry Census, 25% of email marketers rate their return on investment in this channel as ‘excellent’. But what happens to the other 75%? One factor that could be affecting their results is that they’re not sending the right message to the right customer. To do that, you need to…

Read full article
Timex-gender-progressive-profiling
Page 1 of 3123