Co-branded to drive sales online
September 2011 | This highly relevant campaign had an open rate of 50% and a click through rate of 5.5%. This particular email and the resulting follow up emails, created a total of £4000 worth of basket conversions to their online shop.
Company name: RM Education
Designed and developed by: Simon Thompson
Subject line: Important Message from ScoMIS and RM Education
Customer data acquired through the RM CRM database was used for this campaign. The campaign was sent to customers who hadn’t opted in to the scheme, but had provided permission to receive offers via email.
- To create up-sell and cross-sell opportunities within the customer base.
- Make customers aware that they could now shop online at prices they would normally only receive after talking to their account managers.
- To create direct sales.
- To create awareness and indirect sales from follow up campaigns within the series.
What makes this a performing campaign?
With a 50% open rate there is no question that this is a highly performing campaign. There are a number of factors that have made this campaign so successful:
Co-branded Campaign and compelling subject line
RM took advantage of the presence of the premier partner name within the subject line and email creative. This would have created a high regard and recognition of the email in the minds of the recipient and driven them to open it. This co branded nature would also have appealed to a larger set of the audience than perhaps if they had just mentioned their name.
The subject line also highlighted the importance of the email to the recipient – “Important Message”¦”. The highlighted importance coupled with the mention of the premier partner created a high open rate.
The copy and creative
The campaign achieved a 5.5% click through rate. They’ve achieved this with creative that is engaging, simple and well layed out. The engagement information was then used to send dynamic follow up campaigns to push conversions.
Reasons the creative excelled:
- The campaign has a clear heading that highlights the benefit – simple procurement.
- They have used a colourful but simple infographic to give more detail on the benefit – “Exclusive discounts”¦”.
- They have provided step-by-step easy to understand instructions on the new way of ordering.
- They have included products that are on offer to tempt and engage the recipients. This information can then be used to populate future campaigns with relevant products.
This highly relevant campaign had an open rate of 50% and a click through rate of 5.5%. This particular email and resulting follow up emails, created a total of £4000 worth of basket conversions to their online shop.
Want to know more?
For more information on how we can help you create performing campaigns contact us today.
Full email campaign