Email Marketing Industry Census 2012
The largest annual survey of email marketers in the UK, the Email Marketing Industry Census produced by Econsultancy and sponsored by Adestra, highlights important areas that are neglected in making the email marketing channel produce better results and raise revenues.
Over 900 respondents took part in the 2012 Census, which took the form of an online survey in January and February 2012.This pivotal report highlights many key trends and changes to the email marketing industry since it’s inception in 2007, showing the impact of new channels such as social media and mobile, the rise in automation and changes in practices across the industry.
The 2012 census brings some interesting trends to the forefront:
- Companies who are practising basic segmentation are 95% more likely to rate email ROI as excellent or good compared to those who do not use even basic segmentation, nor have plans to do so.
- 97% of companies have ignored the impact “inbox prioritisation” has on their email campaigns and made no change to their strategies
- Data is no longer seen as a high priority for email marketers:
- Data and list quality has moved to 4th in terms of priorities for email marketers
- Only 56% of those surveyed have a plan in place for protecting their email data, despite high profile breaches in 2011