We are looking for enthusiastic junior and senior Perl developers to join our Oxford-based team to assist in the ongoing development of our MessageFocus email marketing platform.
Day to day duties are centred on designing and implementing features for our MessageFocus platform, as well as assisting with its ongoing maintenance. As a member of a small development team, you will be expected to take ownership of complete features (from initial concepts, specification and design through to implementation and deployment), and have the opportunity to work on many different aspects of the system from user interface design to scaling high-throughput, high-availability systems.
A strong understanding of Perl, and experience with modern Perl programming and development practices is essential, along with some experience of web interfaces and working with databases.
Experience with any of the following would be advantageous:
- PostgreSQL or other modern relational database systems
- Catalyst or other MVC web frameworks
- DBIx::Class or ORM systems in general
- User interface design
- ‘NoSQL’ databases
- Scaling and optimising web-based applications
- Designing high-availability systems
- Previous experience with a Catalyst/DBIC/Moose development environment would be considered a significant advantage
Positions are available for junior and senior developers, with salary negotiable depending in skills and experience.
- The right candidate will receive an attractive salary based upon your skills and experience
- The role will be for an initial probationary period of 3 months, and, if successful, will become a permanent position
- A bonus scheme will also be included subject to the Director’s discretion based upon achievement of targets set
- BS EN ISO 9001:2000 and Investors in People accredited, superb training and development opportunities
- Additional benefits offered include: company pension, various travel schemes, health care scheme, eye care vouchers, child care vouchers and Private Health Insurance (after successful completion of the probationary period)
- 26 days holiday
You will be based at Adestra’s Oxford head office, which is a ten minute walk from the train station. Unfortunately we cannot accept telecommuters.
To apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please; we’re really busy speaking to clients!
Adestra are an Equal Opportunities Employer