Network Security Engineer
We’re looking for a Network Security Engineer to join our Oxford systems team and be responsible for the design and management of networks and security for our SaaS infrastructure.
It’s a really exciting time to join Adestra as we continue to grow globally in the UK, US and Australia. Having just been named Employer of the Year 2017 in Oxfordshire, we’re incredibly proud of our culture and our award-winning teams. But don’t just take our word for it! Check out our 4.7/5 rating on Glassdoor or search #LifeatAdestra to find out what our employees have to say about us.
- Play a key role in drafting and maintaining policies, procedures and documentation for system security and ensuring compliance.
- Take ownership of designing and documenting secure, resilient and scalable networks.
- Responsible for the daily analysis of log files, intrusion reports, network statistics and conducting change control requests.
- Install and maintain operating system for network appliances including migrating to new OS release and patching.
- Run regular security scans, reviews and tests of the infrastructure.
- Manage security vulnerability and patching.
- Maintain software patching schedule.
- Configuring and maintaining switches and firewalls.
- IP allocation and routing.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Experience working with Juniper/Cisco network appliances.
- Extensive network administration experience.
- Experience working with multi-site infrastructure
- Experience with writing and maintaining network documentation
- Demonstrable knowledge of UNIX-like systems
- Knowledge of Cisco and Juniper devices
- CCNP, JNCP or similar
- Solid understanding of the OSI model and TCP stack
- Knowledge of OWASP and CVE vulnerabilities
- Experience with configuration management tools would be favourable
You will receive a competitive salary with the opportunity to be part of the Company’s bonus scheme, as well as:
- Gold membership to over 200 discounts and perks through our online benefit portal including free mobile phone insurance, money off holidays and discounted cinema tickets
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays and an extra day off for your birthday!
- Free on-site parking
- Company pension scheme
- Various travel schemes such as cycle to work
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
- Private health insurance
- Group life assurance
- Working in a BS EN ISO 27001, 9001:2000 and Investors in People Silver accredited company, superb training and development opportunities are offered as the business continues to grow
To apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please; we’re really busy speaking to clients!
Adestra has been empowering clients to maximize marketing ROI through email-driven technology for 12 years. Our flexible account structure and obsession with customer success have gained the trust of global and growing brands alike. Founded on the principle that marketing success takes more than technology, we’re not just Software as a Service, we’re Software AND a Service.
Adestra are an Equal Opportunities Employer