Events Marketing Assistant
Are you looking for an exciting role in a fast growing company? Adestra, a leading Marketing Technology Service Provider with over 12 years of experience in providing enterprise marketing solutions and excellent customer service, are recruiting for an Events Marketing Assistant to join our busy marketing team. This role is offered as an Apprenticeship and you will be supported with training to assist your career development.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career within a global company and work collaboratively with our teams overseas, with offices in UK, Australia and the US.
Support the Events Marketing Manager with the following activities:
- Helping to plan Adestra’s calendar of events (approx. 60 per year) which include conferences, seminars, awards and 1:1 meetings
- Helping to organise Adestra’s own events which include an annual client conference for c.300 people, email seminars and client Christmas Quiz.
- Assisting with the email marketing campaigns for Adestra’s events and maintaining the database of attendees
- Assisting with the running of Adestra’s events; checking in guests, working with the venue to ensure the day runs smoothly
- Assisting with the design of bespoke exhibition stands and banners
- Work closely with third party event organisers to ensure they have all our company details and speaker information
- Organising couriers to take stands and collateral to events
- Updating the internal events calendar
- Maintaining and regularly updating the event page on our website
- Researching and ordering promo gifts to be used at events
- Writing internal briefs for each event and creating a database of staff biographies
- Maintain the supply of produce marketing materials (e.g. literature and POS), this will include proofreading, obtaining quotations, negotiating costs, working within set budgets, monitoring stock levels and distribution
- Managing the lead flow process to ensure the sales team have access to leads from each event in a timely manner
- Occasional overnight stays will be required
Key Skills & Experience:
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Efficient and calm when working under pressure
- Ability to solve problems constructively and propose practical ways ahead when faced with difficulties
- Ability to work well independently and to contribute as part of a team, with a supportive attitude to colleagues
- Keen eye for detail and ability to spot and anticipate problems before they occur
- Excellent I.T. skills, must be competent in Microsoft packages
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and written
- Strong knowledge of social media
- Self-motivated and interested in developing a career in event marketing
- Educated to higher education level is desirable
- Experience of working in a marketing function within a commercial capacity desirable
- Preferably have own driving licence
You will receive a competitive salary with the opportunity to be part of the Company’s bonus scheme, as well as:
- Gold membership to over 200 discounts and perks through our online benefit portal including free mobile phone insurance, money off holidays and discounted cinema tickets
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays and an extra day off for your birthday!
- Free on-site parking
- Company pension scheme
- Various travel schemes such as cycle to work
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
- Private health insurance
- Group life assurance
- Working in a BS EN ISO 27001, 9001:2000 and Investors in People Silver accredited company, superb training and development opportunities are offered as the business continues to grow
To apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please; we’re really busy speaking to clients!
Adestra has been empowering clients to maximize marketing ROI through email-driven technology for over 12 years. Our flexible account structure and obsession with customer success have gained the trust of global and growing brands alike. Founded on the principle that marketing success takes more than technology, we’re not just Software as a Service, we’re Software AND a Service.
Adestra are an Equal Opportunities Employer