Digital Design Manager
Are you looking for an exciting new challenge in an award-winning, growing global company and Oxfordshire’s newly awarded Employer of the Year? We are looking for a Digital Design Manager to be responsible for the day to day management of the team and working on client projects.
The Digital Design team is made up of designers and developers working exclusively in the world of email. While the team focus on working with our clients to produce templates that represent the latest innovation in email design, the clients branding and their content needs, we also provide training and consultancy on everything email. This role will underpin the smooth delivery of all of these projects and provide 1-1 mentoring and feedback to the team.
- Line management and mentoring of the Digital Design team
- Own coding excellence for the Digital Design team
- Develop and enhance coding libraries and templates
- Maximise team efficiencies, ensuring a consistent coding approach is documented and reviewed across whole team
- Evangelising HTML for email within Adestra and with our clients, attending client meetings and events
- Act as an escalation point for team members for technical/project issues
- Provide best practice advice
- Provide direction on creative design and usability
- Ensure quality procedures are adhered to throughout the Digital Design team
- Work closely with the Project Management team
Key Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience in front end web development and design, ideally gained in an agency or commercial organisation
- Understanding and application of digital design best practice and usability in a commercial environment
- Excellent communication skills with experience of working with clients
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe suite
- Experience with a range of CMS and open source tools, in particular Drupal, WordPress and Magento would be useful
- Be able to demonstrate a portfolio of relevant work
- Experience of working direct with clients (internal or external) in gathering requirements desired
You will receive a competitive salary with the opportunity to be part of the Company’s bonus scheme, as well as:
- Gold membership to over 200 discounts and perks through our online benefit portal including free mobile phone insurance, money off holidays and discounted cinema tickets
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays and an extra day off for your birthday!
- Free on-site parking
- Company pension scheme
- Various travel schemes such as cycle to work
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
- Private health insurance
- Group life assurance
- Working in a BS EN ISO 27001, 9001:2000 and Investors in People Silver accredited company, superb training and development opportunities are offered as the business continues to grow
To apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please; we’re really busy speaking to clients!
Adestra has been empowering clients to maximize marketing ROI through email-driven technology for 12 years. Our flexible account structure and obsession with customer success have gained the trust of global and growing brands alike. Founded on the principle that marketing success takes more than technology, we’re not just Software as a Service, we’re Software AND a Service.
Adestra are an Equal Opportunities Employer