Database Administrator – PostgreSQL
Adestra, a leading Marketing Technology Service Provider, is seeking an experienced Database Administrator to join our team at our central Oxford Head Office. You will be working in a very technical environment to manage Adestra’s databases as well as the interaction of our infrastructure with them.
This is the perfect time to join our Company, with ambitious plans to accelerate our rate of growth over the next 3 years in the UK and overseas.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing new application features and functionality
- Working with developers to optimise their database interaction.
- Installing, Tuning, Patching, Monitoring and Upgrading PostgreSQL servers.
- Setup backups and testing on regular basis.
- Replication monitoring, setup and management.
- Query and performance analysis and optimisation.
- Purchasing and testing new hardware.
- Auditing security and permissions.
- Maintain documentation of maintenance and upgrade tasks.
Key Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience working with database systems
- Strong understanding of PostgreSQL
- Experience with performance tuning PostgreSQL servers
- Experiences with SQL query analysis/optimisation.
- Experience with writing documentation
- Knowledge of UNIX-like systems
- A good humoured team player, you will take pride in your work and be able to thrive in a fairly pressurised environment with the ability to prioritise your own time carefully.
- You will receive a competitive salary with the opportunity to be part of the Company’s bonus scheme.
- Benefits include: company pension, various travel schemes, eye care vouchers, child care vouchers, Private Health Insurance and Group Life Assurance
- BS EN ISO 9001:2000 and Investors in People accredited, superb training and development opportunities are offered as the company continues to grow.
- 25 days holiday + 1 extra day off for your birthday!
To apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please; we’re really busy speaking to clients!
Adestra are an Equal Opportunities Employer