TheMediaBriefing achieve 40x ROI with multi-channel approach
- Significantly increase year-on-year delegate revenue
- Attract a higher proportion of European attendees ahead of expanding into other international markets
- Increase TheMediaBriefing’s email database
TheMediaBriefing is an intelligence platform for the global media industry, founded in 2010. They provide original analysis, insight and reporting on industry trends, challenges and opportunities with selective curation of the best articles on the media landscape from around the media world.
The third annual Digital Media Strategies Conference organised by TheMediaBriefing brought together leading players from the world of media. To make it a success the marketing team took a content-led approach, built a larger email database and worked closely with media associations across Europe. Employing a multi-channel approach, they achieved fantastic results, and exceeded expectations.
In order to fulfil their objectives, the marketing team had to clearly communicate to media professionals the value and key relevant topics that were going to be discussed at the event to persuade them to register. This had to be achieved with a budget of only £5 K, so the marketing plan had to be spot on.
To succeed, TheMediaBriefing’s team took a thought leadership approach by creating content in collaboration with two of the leading media associations in Europe: the OPA and EPC. This relationship allowed them to identify key topics, speakers and issues facing the industry that would appeal to a European target audience. It also gave them access to publications and magazines to support their marketing plan.
The team conducted interviews with key speakers to raise awareness of the event, and published these on their editorial website. Their approach also involved:
- Working with Adestra’s Digital Design team to create mobile responsive templates for their editorial newsletters
- Social media posts sent at the same time as the newsletters to maximise relevant touchpoints across all channels
Targeting the website visitors coming to the editorial and news section of the site with event-related online advertising to drive registrations
161% increase in YoY delegate revenue
Doubled email database
By using thought-leadership content and a multi-channel approach, TheMediaBriefing marketing team captured the attention of media professionals and achieved some amazing results:
- 161% rise in year-on-year delegate revenue for the Digital Media Strategies event
- 74% increase in the number of European delegates attending
- An incredible return on investment of 40:1
- 2x increase in the size of the email database
TheMediaBriefing followed a similar approach to ensure a successful launch of the Digital Media Strategies conference in the USA.
Do you want to increase engagement with your emails?
Each company is unique, so we take a proactive approach in understanding your background and needs when we evaluate the possible solutions. Get in touch today to see how we can help you achieve your marketing goals.